Jan 5, 2017

Reading corrner

This is another one from the drafts queue )

Reading corner.

I’m spending a lot of time reading lately.

So, last week I was extolling the virtues of reading and maybe I can fill some space and drive some traffic here if only by talking about the things that make it onto my reading list.

Last week it was the book about Doug Kenney which was inspiring and disheartening all at the same time. This week it’s more about indulging in cynicism...




You can click through and listen to an interview with the author here as well as read an excerpt from the book.

If you don’t know who Doug Kenney is, I can sum it up for you plainly by saying he was one of the most devilishly clever comic geniuses of the last 50 years and there are a host of people whose work you have no doubt enjoyed who studied under his tutelage. Kenney was one of the people responsible for The National Lampoon which
is the wellspring from which sprang Saturday Night Live, all those John Hughes movies and a host of other great things.

Really, go out and buy this book or take it out from your library now!

No comments: